It’s finally feeling like summer time here at Sageborn in Montana and we’re excited to share this tangy twist on avocado toast made with a fresh, bright green sauce. It’s plant-based and is a delicious mix between a pesto and guacamole. While we recommend spreading the sauce over a gluten free bread, the options are endless when it comes to what you can do with it. Use it as a salad dressing, a dip for raw veggies or toss it with zucchini noodles. It's bright, delicious and versatile.
Ingredients: (choose organic when possible)
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- ½ cup packed fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest and juice of two limes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- Microgreens (for garnish)
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend all ingredients (except pistachios and microgreens) until well mixed.
- Add pistachios and blend once more.
- Spread over toast to create Sageborn’s version of Avocado Toast (or use any other way you’d like).
- Garnish with microgreens.
Yield: about 2 cups.
Tip: Keep in the refrigerator to enjoy for the next week or put the sauce in ice cube trays as a way to keep this summer sauce all year round to defrost whenever you’d like.