It’s finally feeling like summer time here at Sageborn in Montana and we’re excited to share this tangy twist on avocado toast made with a fresh, bright green sauce. It’s plant-based and is a delicious mix between a pesto and guacamole. While we recommend spreading the sauce over our favorite Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Bread, the options are endless when it comes to what you can do with it. Use it as a salad dressing, a dip for raw veggies or toss it with zucchini noodles. It's bright, delicious and versatile.
- ½ cup packed cilantro
- ½ cup packed flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest and juice of two limes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend all ingredients (except pistachios) until well mixed.
- Add pistachios and blend once more.
- Spread over toast to create Sageborn’s version of Avocado Toast (or use any other way you’d like).
- Garnish with microgreens.
Yield: about 2 cups.
Tip: Keep in the refrigerator to enjoy for the next week or put the sauce in ice cube trays as a way to keep this summer sauce all year round to defrost whenever you’d like.