At Sageborn, we believe what we put in our body is just as important as what we put on our skin. Eating real foods that are not only delicious but packed with nutrients is essential to fuel our bodies and promote vibrant skin. One of our favorite things to make on these cold winter nights is a warm, pureed and nutrient dense soup.
This Creamy Red Pepper Soup warms the soul, fights inflammation and detoxifies the body with just a few real ingredients. They combine easily with the help of a blender (Vitamix is even better) and a pot on the stove.
Creamy Red Pepper Soup
- 2 cups raw nuts (cashews, pecans, pistachios, or almonds - choose organic when possible)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 4-5 red bell peppers (again, choose organic when possible)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Put the nuts, water, lemon juice and one teaspoon of sea salt in a blender or Vitamix. Blend on high until smooth. This yields almost 3 cups of "nut cream" and is the base of this soup.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove all ribs and seeds. Chop into 6-8 pieces each, then put the chopped peppers into a medium/large pot.
- Pour the nut cream on top of the peppers.
- Add almond milk (or milk of your choice) to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until peppers soften.
- Pour the mixture back into the blender or Vitamix. Blend until creamy (it will begin to turn a beautiful yellowish orange color in 30 secs). Leave some texture if you wish.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of sea salt. Taste to see that it sweetens up and doesn’t add saltiness but rather brings out the flavors of the nuts and the peppers.
- Top with crab (it's vegan without it), chopped nuts, or chives, or whatever you like. We also love it over quinoa.